For more than two decades, ACQ Preserve® treated wood has been used in some of the world’s most environmentally sensitive locations. From the pristine environments of national parks in North America, Europe, Japan and Australia, to neighborhood playgrounds and backyards like yours, Preserve treated wood has been used around the globe to provide a durable building product for outdoor projects where environmental values and product performance are priorities.
Fontana Wholesale Lumber Inc. is proud to offer as their latest wood protection option, ACQ Preserve®. We are currently offering treating service only (TSO), with ACQ, on all softwood species of lumber and plywood.
- Protected with ACQ, a wood preservative
- Does not contain arsenic or chromium
- Provides long term protection from rot, decay and termite attack
- For use in above ground, ground contact, fresh water immersion, wood foundations and salt-water splash applications
- Can be used in residential, commercial and industrial applications
- Offers a wider selection of timber species
- Easily painted or stained
- Quality control ensured by independent third-party inspection
- ACQ treated wood scraps and cut offs should be disposed of in a non-hazardous material lined landfill in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Painting and Staining or Natural Weathering
Preserve can be painted or stained to match any outdoor color scheme. High quality oil and latex-based paints and stains are recommended. Water repellent coatings can be applied to improve the weathering performance. Left uncoated or with clear water repellent coatings, Preserve will initially weather to a natural brown color, eventually turning gray following long-term exposure to the sun.
It is important to ensure that the wood is dry and free from surface deposits prior to applying any coating.
Nails, Fasteners and Fittings
Hot-dipped galvanized or stainless steel fasteners and fittings are acceptable for use with ACQ treated wood. Direct contact of Preserve treated wood with aluminum fasteners and fittings is not recommended.
Specifications, Approvals, Registrations and Awards
- Standardized by the American Wood Protection Association (U1, T1, UC1, UC2, UC3A, UC3B, UC4A, UC4B,UC4C)
- Preservative components registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Australian Standard AS-1604 1997
- AQIS – Australian Quarantine Service
- JIS Japanese Industrial Standards
- CSA O80 Canadian Standards Association
- NWPC – Nordic Wood Preservation Council
- Approved in Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden and Spain
- Winner of the US EPA Presidential Green Chemistry Award/li>
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO M-133)
- NAHB Research Center National Building Certified as a “Green Approved Product”
Preserve Recommended Retentions for Various Applications
Application – Retention (lbs/CuFt) – Uses:
- Above Ground – 0.25 – Decking, fence boards, hand rails, deck supports
- Ground Contact Fresh Water – 0.40 – Fence posts, landscaping, piers, docks, lagging etc.
- Permanent Wood Foundations – 0.60 – Wood foundations, crawl spaces
- Poles – 0.60 – Building, transmission and distribution poles